Are you a woman who buys a lot of expensive foundations? Don’t bother buying foundation anymore, because you have just found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
Foundation is a necessity to some women and they just can’t live without it. But, going out and spending a ton of money on foundation is just stepping over the line, especially since you can make your own. A lot of people are trying to get rid of harsh chemicals in their homes, including their makeup. So, making your own foundation allows you to put whatever you want in your makeup and you know what’s in it.
-4 teaspoons argan oil or jojoba oil
-2 teaspoons of shea butter
-1 teaspoon emulsifying wax
-2 tablespoons aloe gel
-2 teaspoon witch hazel
OR -6 tablespoons of the natural pre-made lotion
-4-8 teaspoons non-nano zinc oxide
-1/2-1 teaspoons of cocoa powder
-1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of mica powder
OR -3-4 teaspoons of All natural mineral powder in matching your skin
1. If you are making the simple version, mix the organic lotion and mineral powder to get desired color and consistency.
2. If you are making your own lotion: melt the shea butter, argan oil and emulsifying wax in a double boiler until melted.
3. Add aloe and witch hazel and whisk until incorporated and smooth.
4.Turn heat off.
5. Start adding the colors slowly. Use the zinc and clays until the desired coverage is reached.
6. Add mica and cocoa powders a pinch at a time until desired color is reached.
7. Let the mixture cool and then test the product on the forehead.
8. Put the mixture into a container and let cool.
This mixture can be stored in a glass jar or an old makeup container or a silicon squeezable tube.