Do you or anybody you know suffer from gallbladder problems, it may not seem like an issue, but once it begins happening you will wish you had a way to stop it! These home remedies will help you with your gallbladder problems.
The gallbladder is a small pouch that sits right under the liver and it stores bile that is produced by the liver. After meals, the gallbladder is empty and flat, before a meal the gallbladder may be full of bile and about the size of a small pear.The gallbladder responds to signals by squeezing stored bile into the small intestine through a series of tubes that are called ducts.
Bile helps to digest fats, but the gallbladder itself is not essential. If you were to remove the gallbladder will cause no observable problems with health in a healthy individual. The most common problem with the gallbladder is gallstones, which are tiny stones that form hardened bile and cholesterol. Gallstones can block the release of bile from the gallbladder which can cause severe pain, jaundice, and inflammation.
Other gallbladder problems:
-Perforation (tearing or rupture)
1. Vegetable juice: If you are suffering from gallstones it is very important to cut out fatty foods and follow a strict diet that consists of more vegetables. Try incorporating beetroot into your vegetable juice because beetroots help cleanse the liver and strengthen the gallbladder. First, extract the juice from one beetroot, one cucumber and 4 medium carrots. Drink this juice twice a day for 2 weeks.
2. Coffee: New research have found that drinking coffee can prevent gallstones. A study discovered the men that drank 2-3 cups of regular coffee a day cut their risk of developing gallstones by 40 percent.
3. Lentils: It has been found that women who ate loads of lentils nuts, beans, peas, lima beans, and oranges were more resistant to gallbladder attacks than women who didn’t.
4. Pears: Pears contain pectin which softens cholesterol-filled gallstones. Mix half a glass of pear juice with half a glass of hot water and mix 2 tablespoons of honey. Drink this mixture 3 times a day for 2 weeks to improve gallbladder health.
5. Castor oil: Castor oil is an anti-inflammatory that helps neutralize inflammation and reduce pain. Plus, it also has a positive effect on the immune and lymphatic systems. Gently warm one cup of pure, cold-pressed oil in a pan. Soak a piece of cheesecloth in the warm oil and squeeze the excess oil. Put the cheesecloth over the right side of your stomach and then cover with a plastic sheet. After, you have put the plastic over the cheesecloth, put a hot water bag on the sheet for 30-60 minutes.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV stops the liver from making cholesterol that forms the most common type of gallstones. It also dissolves gallstones and alleviated pain. Mix 1 tablespoon of ACV in a glass of apple juice and drink whenever you develop gallstones.
7. Lemon juice: Lemon juice stops the liver from making cholesterol, which helps with a faster recovery. The pectin in lemon juice is believed to help alleviate gallbladder pain that is linked to gallstones. Drink fresh lemon juice every day on an empty stomach and follow with a glass of water, do this for a week.
8. Peppermint: It helps with digestion by stimulating the flow of bile and other digestive juices. It contains a compound called terpene which can dissolve gallstones. First, boil 1 cup of water, then add 1 teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves. Next, remove from the heat, cover and then steep for 5 minutes, strain and add one teaspoon of honey.