The fact is we can’t go back in time and change certain things.
We also can’t affect the things that happen to us too much and the ones that are about to happen, but we can choose a way to react on them.
Every day offers a new start for us.
Before you start changing your life, you should give up of everything that’s holding you back and move forward.
We are now presenting you 30 useful advices about the things you should stop doing to yourself.
- Stop spending time on the wrong people – this life is too short to spend your time with people who “suck” happiness out of you. Some people depend on draining your energy to make themselves feel better. If someone wants you in their life, they should make room for you. Don’t try around the ones who are constantly underestimating your value. Don’t forget that real friends are with you even when you’re feeling very bad and not only when you’re at your best.
- Don’t run away from problems – face them. We know that it’s not easy. Solving problems isn’t easy. They make us nervous, sad, hurt, worried. Still, facing with problems, adapting to them and solving them is a process of learning and they form us into the persons we truly are. Try looking at every problem as an opportunity for learning, maturing and progress.
- Don’t lie to yourself – even if you’re lying to the whole world, don’t lie to yourself. Our lives change for the best if we risk and the first and the most difficult risk is to be sincere to ourselves.
- Don’t put yourself always second – in love relationships, the most painful thing is when a person loses herself/himself because he/she loves someone too much and in that way, forgets that he/she is special too. Yes, you should help other people, but help yourself too. If you find yourself into a situation in which you should follow your wishes and do something important, don’t hesitate.
- Don’t try to be something you’re not – one of the greatest challenges in life is to be ourselves in a world in which we are constantly expected to be like everyone else. Someone will always be prettier than you, someone will be smarter and someone younger, but no one will ever be you. Don’t change only to make other people love you. Be what you are and the real people will love the real you.
- Don’t live in the past – you can’t start a new chapter in life if you read the previous one constantly.
- Don’t fear of being wrong – working and being wrong is ten times more productive than doing nothing at all. Every success leaves a mark of failure behind itself.
- Don’t make it hard on yourself because of old mistakes – it’s possible that we love the wrong person and cry because of bad things from the past, but it’s certain that our mistakes help us to find people and things which are good for us. Anything that happened in our lives prepared us for the moment that is yet to come.
- Don’t try to buy happiness – many things we want are expensive. All that truly satisfies us is actually free. Love, laughter and the job that we love, fulfill us with pleasure.
- Don’t keep looking for happiness in other people – if you’re not happy with yourself, you won’t be happy with your relationship with other people too. You should stabilize your life before dividing it with someone.
- Don’t overthink – in a way that will create a problem which doesn’t exist. Estimate the situation and react decidedly. Progress demands risk.
- Don’t think that you’re not ready – no one is 100% ready when he/she sees an opportunity. Most of the great opportunities make us to go out of our comfort and safe zone so it’s logical that we aren’t comfortable in the beginning.
- Don’t go into relationships from all the wrong reasons – it’s better to be alone, than in a bad company. If something is meant to be, it will happen in the right time, with the right person and the best possible reason. Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.
- Stop rejecting new potential relationships only because the old ones didn’t work out – there’s always a reason in life why you met someone. Some of them will test you, some will use you and some will teach you to something. Still, the most important thing is that there are people who will get the best out of you.
- Stop competing with others – don’t worry about what other people do better than you. Success is fighting with yourselves.
- Don’t be jealous of other – ask yourself: “What do I have that makes other people envy me?” Don’t develop pride out of that feeling, but self-respect and gratitude.
- Don’t complain and don’t pity yourself – you may not understand why something is happening to you in the given moment and it’s probably very hard. Still, try to remember some problems from the past. You’ll often notice that they brought you to better places, better people and situations. So, smile. Let everyone know that you’re stronger today than yesterday and – that’s how it will be.
- Stop being a grudge-bearer – don’t live with hatred in your heart. In that way, you’ll hurt yourself more than the people you hate. Forgiveness is not when you say: “What you did to me is OK”. Forgiveness is when you say: “I won’t let what you did to me destroy my happiness forever”.
- Don’t lower yourself on someone else’s level – don’t low your criteria so that the ones who don’t want to raise them are more comfortable.
- Don’t waste time giving excuses to others – your friends don’t need that and your enemies won’t believe you anyway. Do what you feel it’s right in your heart.
- Don’t do things from the beginning without a break constantly – when you don’t have time to take a deep breath, that’s the precise moment to do it. Sometimes we need to separate ourselves from what we’re doing to see things more clearly.
- Stop underestimating the beauty of small moments – enjoy little things, because maybe one day you’ll turn around and realize that they were big.
- Don’t try to make things perfect – real life doesn’t award perfectionists, but the ones who make things right.
- Don’t go on the line of small resistance – when you decide to acquire something big, it surely isn’t easy. Don’t go the easier way. Do something special.
- Stop acting like everything is OK, if it’s not – it’s OK that a “system breakdown” happens for a while. You don’t always have to pretend that you’re strong and prove that everything is all right. You shouldn’t be worried by what others think. If you feel like crying – cry.
- Don’t always blame other people for your own mistakes – when you blame others for your own mistakes, you don’t take over the responsibility, so that helps other people to take control over your life.
- Don’t try to be everything to everyone – if you try to do that, you’ll get burned. Still, if you manage to make a person smile, everything could change. So, focus.
- Stop worrying so much – worrying doesn’t mean that tomorrow will be easier. To decide whether something is worth your worrying, ask yourself: “Will this matter in a year? In three years? Five?” If the answer is “no” then it’s not worth the worrying.
- Don’t think about what you don’t want to happen – focus on what you want. If you wake up every morning thinking how something great will happen to you during the day and pay good attention, you’ll often notice that you were right.
- Stop being ungrateful – no matter how hard or beautiful it is for you, wake up grateful for the life you have every morning. Instead of thinking about things that you don’t have, remember what you have and other people miss so much.